1. Promote the science of pharmacoeconomics (health economics) and outcomes research, including by arranging and attending conferences and workshops relating to scientific matters, primarily within Australia.
2. Foster the development of excellence in scientific education and research in respect of health economics and outcomes research.
3. Encourage research in respect of health economics and outcomes research in Australasia through ISPOR.
4. Provide an environment where knowledge in respect of health economics and outcomes research can be shared at an Australasian level.
5. Serve as a bridge in bringing together Australasian members of industry, academia, government and other health-related organizations.
6. Act as a resource at an Australasian level for individuals interested in health economics and outcomes research.
7. Provide an opportunity for Australasian chapter members to become more familiar with the activities of ISPOR as well as participate in its activities.